Technical Assistance for Students Learning about the EU: Common Values, Fundamental Rights and Policies
Students Learning about the EU Project
24 months (25 December 2014 – 25 December 2016)
3 Million 256 Thousand Euro (Service Procurement – 2.664.250 € Product Procurement – 591.870 €)
Republic of Turkey and European Union
Prime Ministry Undersecretariat of Treasury, Central Finance and Contract Unit
Ministry of National Education, general Directorate of European Union and Foreign Relations
Components Of The Project
Project has two components.
Raising awareness of the students, teaching and non-teaching staff about values of the EU, its policies and implementations.
Building capacity for and increasing awareness of Ministry of National Education staff about the European Union.
Educational activities that will increase awareness of students between ages of 10 and 18 are as follows:
- Implementation of survey in order to measure knowledge levels of lower secondary and secondary school students about the EU,
- Preparation of informative materials,
- Implementation of painting, slogan, and short-story competitions,
- Implementation of capacity building trainings.
Successful implementation of these project activities that are covered by two components of the project will help in achieving these two results:
- Awareness about values of the EU, fundamental rights and its policies, institutions of the EU and their functions, Turkey’s accession process and reforms undertaken for this process will be increased measurably through awareness raising materials.
- Students and teachers will increase their knowledge on the EU through participating in educational systematic activities.
Provinces Covered By The Project
Survey and quiz competitions will be implemented only in provinces where EU Information Centres are active, including Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Bursa, Denizli, Diyarbakır, Edirne, Erzurum, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, İstanbul, İzmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Mersin, Samsun, Sivas, Şanlıurfa, Trabzon and Van. On the other hand, painting, slogan and short-story competitions will cover all the provinces of Turkey.
Target Groups Of The Project
Academicians and university students.